Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Old Gum Tree




I loved the old Gum Tree.
Many memories it has for me.
When my girls were little they would climb and swing.
And do many other things
 under the old Gum Tree.

The birds would play and mate and sing
to me it was a glorious thing.
But as the years went by the neighbours would change,
the last one did not love my tree so much
He would always complain about its beautiful leaves as such
I dont know why,
but, I have always loved that tree

I feel sad that everyone does not love God glorious creations.
He made each for his own love of things
big and little or what it may be
I have always loved that tree.

It had seen the years come and go
I wished there were more to come but, no
my neighbour did not love my old gum tree

As time has gone by,
and my beautiful tree has reached the sky.
Its leaves it would shed on the neighbours roof
and he said
I do not like your gum tree
you must remove it because it bothers me
I cannot cope with it mess it blocks my drains and eaves and sheds.
But I still love that tree, its memories are great to me.
and I know why I love that tree.

by Carolyn Rakowski


I have added one of my cards and then the card boxed in a box I made to put it in.
love to those who read this,
Blessings Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment